Mereworth School Council
Our school council is made up of two representatives from each year group. We work together to improve the school through pupil suggestions, tackle fundraising issues and charity work, as well as voting on new equipment for the school playground.
If you have any ideas for us to discuss, please leave them in the box below (you may need a parent or carer to help you!) or you can write them on some paper and put them into the school council box opposite the hall by the white doors.
- Children were elected as the class School Council representative
- Charities were discussed in a meeting and why they believed they were deserving charities.
- Children in Need Day raised just over £175
- School Councillors had a ‘working lunch’ with Edward and Wards to discuss their views on the school dinners at Mereworth.
- School Councillors to help serve refreshments at the Celebration of Learning event and welcome parents to the school.
- Break the Rules Week – fundraising event.
- More recycling in the hall after lunch – maybe a compost bin for food scraps.
Children in Need Day and Anti Bullying Week
We have two events coming up this term to raise money for worthy causes.
Anti Bullying Week is coming up on the 12th to the 16th of November and the theme is “Choose Respect”. On Monday the 12th we would like you to wear odd socks or odd shoes.
We have a Pajama Day on the 16th November for Children in Need, where there will be prizes for the best dressed children as well as best dressed teacher! There will be a donation of £1 for the day.
For more info please check out the poster below:
Your school councillors are:
- Year 1: Jacob & Joseph
- Year 2: Lara & Aiden
- Year 3: Alexandra & Grace
- Year 4: Cameron & Callie
- Year 5: Amelie & Cully
- Year 6: Daniel & Layla
Got any ideas for the School Council to discuss?